Reopening Regular Services
To our patients and families: It is safe to come and see us!
We hope you are feeling great and are looking forward to seeing you again! We have been through a lot, so far, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health, safety, and welfare.
Rescheduling Regular Appointments
Consistent with the Governor’s executive order, we will begin seeing patients for regular services on Friday May 29, 2020.
The Oppenhuizen Orthodontic team will begin contacting each of our patients to schedule appointments that have been postponed. You may also call us to schedule an appointment at 616-392-1435.
Keeping You Safe: Changes at Your Next Appointment
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we will be following to keep you, your family and our team safe during the COVID pandemic.
You will see some changes at your next appointment:
• We will ask you a few COVID related questions when you enter the office.
• The parking lot will become our main waiting area. Parents, please wait in the car, if you can.
• Please wear a mask into the office and keep it on until you are actually being treated in the chair.
• We will take a forehead temperature of everyone that enters the office.
• We will ask you to wash your hands in the front washroom when you enter the office. There will be hand sanitizer for you to use, as needed, elsewhere in the office. • Our reception area will no longer offer coffee, drinks, magazines, games, and toys, (for a while) since those items are often touched and difficult to keep disinfected.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. Especially at first, we may have fewer options for scheduling appointments.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of people in the reception area at any one time.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice.
Thank you for your trust and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. Greg Oppenhuizen